If you have recently moved into Park homes Wiltshire way you may be wondering about the local area. Here are some interesting facts about the county.
- Corsham is home to a Grade II listed Sticke Tennis Court.
- The Wiltshire Cycleway covers 160 miles and takes you through some of the most spectacular countryside that the county has to offer.
- The Kennet and Avon Canal covers an impressive 87 miles and joins together London and the Bristol Channel.
- Salisbury is not only home to the most beautiful Cathedral but it has also been awarded Purple Flag status which means it offers the ‘gold standard’ for nightlife with lower instances of crime and anti-social behaviour. Chippenham also has Purple Flag status.
- Over 1.3 million visit Stonehenge each year making it the region’s most popular attraction.
- Wadworth Brewery still uses Shire Horses to deliver the beer that is ordered within a 2.5 mile radius of the Brewery itself.
- In World War I the Royal Naval AIr Service had a base at Stonehenge.
- Salisbury Cathedral is home to one of only four 1215 Magna Carta in their exhibition.
- The series Poldark was actually filmed in Corsham as well as many other programs being filmed in the Wiltshire county